I have done a much better job this time around to take each task one at a time. I have taken enough time each day to just breathe, to relax and take time for myself.
One of my absolute favorite songs recently is one by Johnny Diaz "Breathe".
https://youtu.be/hnjeMwxFuBA
I love the lyrics of the song.
Alarm clock screaming bare feet hit the floor
It’s off to the races everybody out the door
I’m feeling like I’m falling behind, it’s a crazy life
Ninety miles an hour going fast as I can
Trying to push a little harder trying to get the upper hand
So much to do in so little time, it’s a crazy life
It’s ready, set, go it’s another wild day
When the stress is on the rise in my heart I feel You say just
It’s off to the races everybody out the door
I’m feeling like I’m falling behind, it’s a crazy life
Ninety miles an hour going fast as I can
Trying to push a little harder trying to get the upper hand
So much to do in so little time, it’s a crazy life
It’s ready, set, go it’s another wild day
When the stress is on the rise in my heart I feel You say just
(chorus)
Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe
(bridge)Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe
Is to take it in fill your lungs
The Peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe
Let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what’s good and find what’s best
Just breathe
http://life1019.com/songs/breathe-3/
So many times in life I feel like it is moving so fast and there is nothing I can do but hang on. But God reminds me it is in those times that I need to slow down, breathe, spend time with Him, and fill my lungs with His unending grace and peace. When I feels so spent and weary from all that life has drained from me it is that exact time I need STOP and spend time with my Lord. It is then more than any other time that I need to be refilled and revived. Life can be filled with so many things and all those things we pour our lives into can make us feel so very weary. In order to be able to give so much to so many people and things in my life I have to take the time each to fill my tank back up or I have nothing to give when others need me.
The Lord has impressed upon me over the last year just how very important it is to take a break sometimes and "just be".
The Lord will fill us back up with His grace, His mercy, His patience, His love, and His forgiveness if we only stop and allow Him to.
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV
http://bible.com/111/isa.40.28-31.NIV
No comments:
Post a Comment